Wednesday 25 February 2015

Don't call me stupid.




So this is making the rounds on facebook at the mo by dog lovers. 
It's got me rattled. Why? I own a doodle. He's beautiful and we love him and we paid a few quid for him. Does that make me stupid? No it doesn't. 
It means we chose a puppy rather than a rescue. I've had both. A rescue and digs from puppies. The rescue caused me a heck of a lot of stress and a hell of a lot of money. 
The doodle cost less. And is a lot less stress. Don't get me wrong. I agree with rescuing totally. But it's not for everyone. 
Most rescue dogs can't be around kids and or cats but puppies can. 
And a lot of doodles have made a lot of people happy. I do not endorse puppy mills or overbreeding or breeders who breed without a waiting list. 
I'm not a fan of the kennel club either for a lot of reasons. So I don't need my dog to be a pedigree. I've had crosses before and called them crosses as I know what parents were. A mongrel is a breed of unknown origin and bred with lots of other breeds along the line. 
What we need to stop is puppy farms and overbreeding. Not condemning dog lovers by calling them stupid for having a cross they chose on purpose for the breed and temperament. 


No comments: